Thursday 8 March 2012

Counter Twisting: an Update

Hey guys, for those who are interested I have been working on the "D" and have gotten closer to understanding how it works. The "D" has to go from a straight body to an arch at the end of the skill rather then pike to an arch because It will look like a floppy fish in the air if too much movement is noticed. Dave Ross also said that you can not do a contact twist into a skill that is going to use the "D". Two different types of twisting that can not be overlapped. So if you are trying back full and you really dont seem to get it try twisting later into the full after a quarter flip int he layout position with no twist.

I do find that It helps on Biranis  now and have gotten comfortable with them. I feel like its a quick jerk in the air then the "D" then i float as if I did a back layout from the start of the skill. Back full is improving and I understand it more but I need a lot more practice. I have come to understand the actual technique so that is a huge step in the right direction. Rudy still elude me but I figure with time that will come and if I can get up to randy's and triple fulls with no arm flail then that means I have truly gotten the hang of it. It can be very fustrating doing biranis and back fulls for an hour but A few people around the gym have commented on the look of the skill with the "D". I must be on the right track if anything.

:)

2 comments:

  1. It would be great if you could do a video tutorial about this issue.because the concep seems quite dificult to understand.. for us o dont have english as a first language ;)
    maybe you could use kinovea, its a software for video analysis and its free.
    thanks Hugo

    ReplyDelete