Friday 7 September 2012

CONCLUSIONS FROM PORTUGAL

Hello Everyone,

I have bad and great news from Portugal:) As the competition goes, I am not competing that well form wise but this is because I have been pushing height as I am in my "Height Phase" of training. I find I am still out for control but long term it is better to go big and keep trying rather then simplify and just do a boring low easy routine that will get me nowhere in the long run.  Like anything If I keep pushing height I will get use to it. I have gone from competing a 18.9 to a 20.2 Time of Flight. I am happy with those results. I preformed an optional in training at 19.4 seconds which is a huge improvement considering I normally complete 18.7 second optionals. My compulsory today was not a good one because I was all over the trampoline. I could easily say it is because my foot cramped but in the end that is my fault because my ankles are not strong enough to handle the loads of the higher bouncing quite yet. I will work hard to condition my ankles so this is not a problem next time. As for my optional I just could not find my bounce. Then I started slipping in new shoes I bought in haste and am now regretting it. I have spoken with a good friend and judge from Canada who has given me great advice and I will be trying her method of gripping the trampoline when I get home. I will update you when i get the chance. 

As for synchro that has never been my strong point because I find it hard to hang on the trampoline even in individual. Having a person bouncing beside me does not help matters. Right now synchro is being used as an extra training time and extra competition experience. As anyone who knows me knows I have not had much luck with competitions generally because I am still new to the sport. I Have the guts but the technique is lacking.

I have decided to start jumping on super trampoline more often to increase my steadiness at full height. I have also looked into better trampoline shoes and alternatives. I am going to keep working height and hopefully compete a 20.0 optional by the end of this year at some time. I hope to also compete a 21 second compulsory some time this year.

I am going to bump up my routine to 4 triples as well because I have done three triples for 3 years now and am getting very bored of the same routine.  I have a lot in store and cant wait to show everyone what I can do. 

An interesting thing happened after I competed today. Portuguese Athlete, Nuno and Great Britain Coach, Paul, asked me specially to do an interview based on the videos I have posted on youtube. I was more then happy to talk to them and answer their questions. The general take home message is that olympic caliber athletes are not made over night. I have only bounced for 5 years  and plan on being here for a very long time. I have at least 3 more olympic cycles left in me I think, as long as my body holds up and if I am given the time I will be playing with the big boys in finals soon enough.

Well that is just an update and some take home messages that I will be working on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment