Thursday 6 September 2012

Settled Into Portugal

Hello,

So I have finally gotten some sleep and woke up to a bright ray of sunlight dancing into my room across my face this morning. I did get time to bounce yesterday and tried out the trampolines. So far they seem very powerful but much quicker then the slower beds back at home. Every competition they are different and it is up to the athlete to adapt and still muscle through routines no matter the situation of the equipment.

As for the food, the meals are all served at the venue which is a short bus ride or a 15 minute walk away. The chicken we had literally tasted like Swiss Chalet and was probably the juiciest chicken I have ever had:):) The hotel is very nice and quaint and has a housey warm feeling with the decor. I love being in Portugal, or any European country because the atmosphere is relaxed here. In North America it seems everyone is too busy to be friendly or to have fun because we are so concerned about making money. Here they are comfortable with working less hours and having less in their pocket.

After I woke up the team decided to go to the beach to check out the area and relax before afternoon training. The beach was amazing, with the fresh Ocean water splashing onto the shore for miles. I have taken many pictures and you can see them on my fan page.  Link is below. As for now I have training in about an hour and hopefully I will be use tot he trampolines now that I have had some sleep. :)

 Picture Links:

http://www.facebook.com/GregoryVRoeTrampoline?ref=ts

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment