Wednesday 15 August 2012

Coaching tutorials

Hello everyone,

I will be starting a video tutorial aspect of my websites and just wanted to inform everyone to look out for it. I will be taking videos of myself and other athletes learning skills and explaining some ways I teach certain skills based on my coaching and athletic experience. I will be combining my gymnastics and my trampoline background in these tutorials. Example:

I will make a video of how to teach a proper handstand and then make a video of how a handstand will help teach an athlete a front layout. 

I will be building up to hard skills such as triple flips and multi twisting singles and doubles. I will be building skills up WITHOUT a foam pit or belt. Not every club has it and coaches should be able to teach any skill with or without the belt. 

Again I know I say this all the time but this is MY OPINION. It is simply to coaches and athletes thinking about potentially different ways to learn skills. 

Today I will try to make a tutorial about how I teach a handstand if I can find an athlete who can do a good one at summer camp or during my private lessons today. 

Please leave comments and suggestions :)

thanks:)


No comments:

Post a Comment