Tuesday 27 September 2011

Olympic Weight Lifting For Improved Jump Height

On the Weekend of September 17th I took a NCCP course in Weight lifting. If you have read my blog you would know this already. Going to this certification  motivated me to start using weight lifting in my trampoline program. The results are very impressive even if I do say so myself.
In the last 2 weeks I have done weight lifting three times a week, along with deep full range of motion squats and have noticed a huge improvement.
I began a few weeks ago with a compulsory hight max of 19.8 on Ross string bed (a type of trampoline). Yesterday, September 27th I performed a compulsory at 20.53 seconds. The form was not world class to say the least but for height that is a huge improvement. Anyone who does trampoline will understand what I am talking about.  If that was not enough the start of my optional routine has increased in height in equal proportions. I use to compete a 18.5 second optional and train a 18.7 second on a  good day. I recorded my first three skills which are Trif P, Half Trif T, Trif T at 5.9 seconds. If I maintain my height then that routine will end up being just under a 20 seconds optional which is in line with what the Chinese are doing. I am not claiming to be as good or better then the chinese. I am simply trying to press the fact that Olympic weight lifting does help jump height just like so many journal articles state. If you don't believe me try it yourself and record your progress.
Thanks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment