Saturday 5 May 2012

Figure Skating Testing

Today was an early day at Canadian Sports Center where we tested the up and coming figure skating athletes from across canada. I was there first calibrating the BOD POD and setting up the other equipment. I was positioned on the Opti Jump system. The groups were split up into boys and girls and ranged from 12-17 years old. I was administering the counter movement jump protocol and the depth drop protocol and 22, 32 and 42 cm heights.  Over all the tests ran smoothly even though it was the first time any of the athletes had done the test. The idea is to get them experience for later on in their career. Upon dismissal, I came over some very depressing news. The contract with the New Jersey Devils is on June 2,3 and 4rth. I am away in China competing those days and will miss the chance to work with the hockey team. Hopefully more chances will come my way in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment