Saturday 7 April 2012

Elite Canada Results

Hello Everyone,

So I am back from Calgary from Elite Championships and overall had a great competition. I am feeling a lot more stable on the above ground trampolines and have been told by many judges that my jumping looks much better. I had a shaky compulsory but because I have been working on holding my lines I was still able to maintain 8.7 across the board. Not a great score but considering I completely messed up two or three skills that is good meaning that if I hadn't I would have gotten 9.1 across the board which surprisingly would have put me right beside Jason Burnett, the ex Olympic  silver medallist from Beijing. Verified by Gabrielle ( one of the judges and a good friend). Either way mistakes are part of competing and the results show I did not do my best routine. I felt a lot better about my optional and scored 7.6 across the board which is a solid routine considering the top seniors are getting 7.4 to 8.1 on average. I was very close to beating Keegan Soehn from Calgary but he jumped higher then me. Still working on jump height. I was one of the only 4 men to break a score of 100 at the competition which granted me team score for world. I simply need to keep improving and landing routines to go to worlds.

As for Finals I had a good routine with a substitution but I rearranged the routine to still get my Degree of Difficulty needed for team canada which is a 16.0. I would have solidified a solid bronze medal however in a brief laps of judgement I did a full turn out of my last skill:(. I have all scores I need for this year already and the season has just started. Now I can relax and just work on form and improving bit by bit.

Here is the link to the prelims

http://www.issmembership.com/trampoline/airdrie/live/mtrampolineopenp/results.pdf

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment